Search for individuals by specifying a given name, surname or both. A table of all matching individuals is returned with links to each record.
- All recorded names for each person are checked.
- With women, both maiden names and husbands’ surnames are checked (unless the family record is flagged as ‘Unmarried Couple’ or ‘Never Married’). Matching a woman’s husband’s surname is done on the assumption that his surname is likely to be her married name.
- Leave both fields blank to get a complete list of all names from your Project. This replicates the TMG all names list.
- Family Historian Version(s): V5 V6 V7
- Plugin Type: Standard
- Written by Jane Taubman
- View Source Code
- Downloaded 2,384 times
- No additional help available
- 1.2 If user cancels the prompt it now simply returns
- 1.2 Corrected incorrect operation where user presses enter rather than pressing the OK button.
- 1.3 Added option to search using basic soundex for both the name and surname.
- 1.4 Added Default values from the currently selected record if there is one
- 1.5 Fix identification of Secondary Names and a search of subfields for Nickname, Used Name and the Surname and Given Name subfields.
- 1.6 V7 compatibility