This plugin offers several options to reduce the amount of information in a GEDCOM file for living people.
When sharing files online, it is advisable to privatise the details of Private and Living people.
The plugin is designed to be used in conjunction with the Export > GEDCOM File and Split Tree Helper commands, and will prompt for confirmation if you try to use it on a GEDCOM file that is open in Project mode. It will take note of the Private and Living flags on a person, but can be additionally set to assume anyone with an actual or estimated birth date after a selected date (or with no birth date) and also with no death date is still living. Any person listed in the ‘Do Not Clean Living Persons’ Named List will be unaltered.
See the FHUG ‘Export to Website Without Sensitive Data’ advice for an example of use.
- Family Historian Version(s): V5 V6 V7
- Plugin Type: Standard
- Written by Mike Tate
- View Source Code
- Downloaded 776 times
- See Help page for more information
- V1.7: FH V7 Lua 3.5 IUP 3.28 compatible;
- V1.6: Handles unusual dates such as 3 – 13 Sep 1752 that never existed; caters for unusual names including [unnamed person]; correctly uses same .dat file for all Plugin versions.
- V1.5: ‘Do Not Clean Living Persons‘ Named List overrides rules; blank Date fields ignored; same .dat file for all Plugin versions.
- V1.4: Remembers main dialogue position on screen.
- V1.3: First published superseding Clean Living People plugin.