This plugin is intended for Projects imported from products such as TMG and Legacy that support Fact Witness Roles, where it may be desirable to remove certain selected Witness Roles from Facts and create separate Facts for the Witness Individuals instead.
The most common case is Census Witnesses, where separate Individual Census Events with a common Source Citation are better supported, as explained in the FHUG Knowledge Base Recording from a Census Record article.
All the details of the principal Fact are replicated in each witness’s own Fact except for any Age or specific Sentence Template. The witness Role is added as a labelled Note optionally enclosed in [[privacy]] brackets.
After removing the Witnesses of Census (family) Events consider using the Migrate Census Family to Individual Events plugin.
Before running the plugin, ensure there is a suitable backup in case the changes are unsatisfactory.
- Family Historian Version(s): V6 V7
- Plugin Type: Standard
- Written by Mike Tate
- View Source Code
- Downloaded 332 times
- No additional help available
- V1.4: Handle rich text notes and citation metafields and Sort Dates (_SDATE); Add [[privacy]] brackets option; Allow for Residence (family) facts;
- V1.3: FH V7 Lua 3.5 IUP 3.28 compatible;
- V1.2: Avoids duplicating any Fact when the same Individual is a multiple Principal/Witness;
Copies any Witness Role Citations to the new Fact;
- V1.1: Allows Census (family) Events with Witnesses to be converted;
- V1.0: First published version;