Exports GEDCOM and Media files in GEDCOM 5·5 or GEDCOM 5·5·1 format usually without FH non-standard tags, but with options for many genealogy product dialects.
See the Help & Advice pages for further details that include advice on migrating to every product supported.
- Family Historian Version(s): V5 V6 V7
- Plugin Type: Standard
- Written by Mike Tate
- View Source Code
- Downloaded 5,004 times
- See Help page for more information
- V4.6: (FTM) Family Tree Maker 2019 export mode updates for URL and Media;
Check plugin version monthly; Other minor fixes;
- V4.5: Obtain default font size & name from Windows Registry for use in Rich Text exported in HTML 5 format;
Correctly convert Residence (family) facts to EVEN or _ATTR or RESI tags for all target products;
When using Media uppercase Keywords for TNG media collection _TYPE, omit unnecessary local labelled Note;
Allow any Media popup error reports to be inhibited and logged in the Result Set instead;
Use Windows File System Object Copy File to copy unaltered Media files instead of Lua file copying;
Aggressive garbage memory management to avoid memory errors and put memory usage counts in Result Set;
Fix a problem with % characters in Media Titles when exporting to MyHeritage;
Fix a problem with very long sequences of space characters in text such as Note and Text From Source fields;
Fix a problem where Source record fields were sometimes deleted by mistake;
Templated Source Repository metafields now exported as a labelled Note as well as a generic link;
- V4.4: Fix GWC for FACT tag; Fix GST for FH V6, _FMT, _SDATE and Family _ATTR tags;
- V4.3: Adjust the Plugin Store first sentence with dots in 5.5; Handle rich text more efficiently;
Improve handling of rich text reserved characters, align, indent & table tags for HTML 5;
- V4.2: Fix Note SOURce citations for TNG; Drops the Sort Dates from FTM;
Supports any Project only Fact Sets; Caters for accented characters in the file path;
Handles Templated Source Citation only Fields; Fixes rich text FTF to HTML 5 conversions;
Adds Reformat Metafield option for Templated Source Title & Short Title formatting;
Adds memory collectgarbage(“step”,0) to handle complex Projects;
- V4.1: Fix SOUR FAMILY_HISTORIAN for FH6/7 & GST; Fix vanishing data and media links;
Fix vanishing media Link/Note captions for FILE-REL/ABS;
- V4.0: Major update to cater for new features in FH V7 Lua 3.5 IUP 3.28;
Library modules updated; Revised export modes for many products;
- V3.9: Fix generic problem introduced with V3.8
(RFT) RootsFinder Family Tree export mode updated
- V3.8: Library modules updated to latest version for safer IUP GUI.
(FTA) Family Tree Analyzer export mode now retains Place records.
(HER) Heredis by BSD Concept export mode now supports version 2019.
(AQP) Ancestral Quest Program export mode is now supported.
(AGS) Ancestris Genealogy Software export mode is now supported.
(RFT) RootsFinder Family Tree export mode is now supported.
(CEB) Custom Export Beta mode defaults to (Sdr) Standard Gedcom Draft 5.5.1 mode.
(Sdr) Standard GEDCOM Draft 5.5.1 mode has Place Record option to move MAP/LATI/LONG structure to Place fields.
- V3.7: Shared Settings for Max height, Max width & Use JPEG file format apply to all exported image files.
Restore Defaults has a warning prompt with a Cancel the Reset option.
[unnamed person] given surname ? as some products do not support a blank name.
Fix a problem with moving File Root Individual record to follow the Header record.
- V3.6: The Export Fact Definitions option now handles all Unicode characters.
Companion Used rule for 1 _USED is fixed for TNG promoted Given Name Used.
Library modules updated to fix Day Number issues with the Sort Date feature.
- V3.5: Handles LMO Sort Dates from Order Facts by Sort Date Plugin, and improves any Sort Date derived from a Before Date or After Date.
- V3.4: Updates issues with the Sort Date feature added in V3.3, and for export to Ancestry converts Census to Residence to improve hints, plus other minor fixes.
- V3.3: Basic Options tab has new (+) Full Data v (-) Brief Data option.
Extra Options tab has new options and a Label Options tab has been added.
Adds new (GWC) GEDmill Website Creator and (FTD) Family Tree DNA export modes.
Updates many other export modes with new features as explained in the Help & Advice pages.
- V3.2: Adds [[private]] text option per mode, and export modes for (MYH) MyHeritage Family Tree and (TPT) TribalPages Tree, plus minor updates.
- V3.1: Adds export mode for (GST) GedSite, adds Multimedia conversion for Absolute Link Records, plus updates for (GRT) Genes Reunited and (TNG) The Next Generation.
- V3.0: Fixes standalone Gedcom Cannot Make Folder problem.
- V2.9: Improves syncing across PC, new Keep Media folders option, Exclude from Diagrams inhibits FTM and TNG primary photo tags, and minor update for (LFT) Legacy Family Tree.
- V2.8: Adds export modes for GEDCOM Draft 5.5.1, and fixes some problems with analysing record names, and synchronising settings across PC.
- V2.7: Export to (FMP) FindMyPast Family Tree and (HER) Heredis by BSD Concept add CONC tag to NOTE records to prevent exclusion.
- V2.6: Export to (LFT) Legacy Family Tree supports Note record Research & Medical tabs, improves Note record format, and excludes Updated CHANge date-time-stamps.
Extra Options offer GEDCOM Draft 5.5.1 FORMat tag subsidiary to FILE tag.
Other Options offer same sex HUSB/WIFE relationship in asymmetric format.
Supports UNICODE UTF-16 characters U+10000 to U+10FFFF in Supplementary Planes.
Fixes Caption Note problem for FILE~REL mode Output Media Style.
- V2.5: (ANC) Ancestry Family Tree and (LFT) Legacy Family Tree and (RWW) RootsWeb WorldConnect now export the Associated Person (ASSO) tag as a custom Event. The output Media format now provides better control of Note contents.
- V2.4: Improved export for (RMT) RootsMagic plus other minor enhancements.
- V2.3: New Exclude [[private]] Notes setting, more tolerant of UDF tags, TNG does not tidy Place and Address fields, and NOTE/CONC/CONT tags handled better.
- V2.2: Adds (ANC) Ancestry Family Tree and (FMP) FindMyPast Family Tree options, moves default Export folder to Project Public folder, plus minor bug fixes.
- V2.1: Updates for (GSP) GedStar Pro, (TNG) The Next Generation, and (ZPG) ZoomPast options, plus minor bug fixes.
- V2.0: Adds (GSP) GedStar Pro, (LFT) Legacy, (RMT) RootsMagic, and (ZPG) ZoomPast options, new Other Options tab, synthetic Facts for Witnessed/Shared Events, and other minor updates.
- V1.9: Adds (HER) Heredis by BSD Concept and (GSP) GedStar Pro for Android options, plus more improvements and bug fixes.
- V1.8: Major update of Gedcom export mode for the (FTM) Family Tree Maker 2014 product and of Multimedia conversion options for Part/Full Frames, plus other improvements and bug fixes.
- V1.7: FH V6 update for TNG to retain Place Records.
- V1.6: Handles Media Link/Note inconsistencies, supports FH V6 Place Records & Witness Roles, adds Family Historian 5 export mode and Multimedia Records with Absolute or Relative file links .
- V1.5: FH V5 and FH V6 IUP 3.11.2 UTF-16 Gedcom support.
- V1.4: Copes if no File Root, offers JPEG for all Media Frames & closing option to view Gedcom in FH, Notepad, or Explorer.
- V1.3: Converts Media files similar to the Convert File Links Plugin and adds a few other options.
- V1.2: Initial Plugin Store version.
- V1.0 & V1.1 FHUG trial versions.