Searches for any text, age, or date values within the current project, and allows them to be replaced by new values, with an optional confirmation at each stage.
On completion, all processed values are listed in a Result Set with links back to the record fields.
Supports regular expression style Lua pattern matching. See the Help & Advice pages for full details.
This plugin is intended for those scenarios that cannot be handled by these commands:
Edit > Find and Replace… and Tools > Work with Data > Places… or Addresses…
However, do NOT use Edit > Find and Replace… to change any Place field names as it will upset your Place records.
- Family Historian Version(s): V5 V6 V7
- Plugin Type: Standard
- Written by Mike Tate
- View Source Code
- Downloaded 5,995 times
- See Help page for more information
- V3.4: Add memory management; Fix for Data Class of Metafields;
- V3.3: Correct updating of Rich Text fields involving object links;
- V3.2: Replace Place records first to avoid creating new records;
Preserve rich text record links; Updates to Major Options tab dialogue;
- V3.1: FH V7 Lua 3.5 IUP 3.28 compatible with all new fields; Updated library functions;
Show/Hide white space in Result Set; Clear Result Set if no data; Prompt taller wordwrap boxes;
- V3.0: Rearranged Major Options tab sections more logically, plus Show/Hide White Space option, and Extra Filters tab Date fields option for LMO/Sort Date (~OBJE._DATE);
- V2.9: When a Media Linked File is replaced then similarly alter the actual Media File Path itself. Cater for FILE and FORM tags correctly;
- V2.8: New Select Records option for the Search Scope filter;
- V2.7: Format check & report for Import preset files, and other minor improvements;
- V2.6: Presets can be imported & exported. Initialisation progress bar for large projects.
- V2.5: Provides presets that allow multiple search & replace settings to be preserved for future use.
- V2.4: Supports FH V6 IUP 3.11.2 with Unicode and Place Records & Witness Roles.
- V2.3: New global Search Scope filter, and minor bug fixes.
- V2.2: Better support for Date Phrases.
- V2.1: Search and Replace allow tab & newline characters, simpler Major Options tab plus advanced Extra Filters tab, and improved search methods.
- V2.0: New options to choose fields plus other settings, Search ONLY mode added, complete makeover including sticky settings and online Help & Advice.
- V1.7: Add Date and Text Field Name related search & replace capability.
- V1.6: Add Data Reference details to the replace prompt for the context of the field being changed.
- V1.5: General Code Tidy (not published).
- V1.4: Add Whole Words search and Plain Text search to inhibit Lua Pattern characters.
- V1.3: Add Case Insensitive searching and Cancel or Close the window will abort the replaces, while still listing the changes made.
- V1.2: Change to provide a Skip button. Click the Close button on the window to cancel.
- V1.1: Add Skip box which can be selected to skip over a change and a Result Set which is shown at the end of all the items changed.